Thursday, March 29, 2012

Little Bird, Ready To Fly!

Every morning, my alarm goes off around 6:45 am. I usually automatically hit the snooze on that one, not even consciously hearing it. Nine minutes later, the alarm goes off again. And again, I hit the snooze and fall right back to sleep. I don't have to be up until 7:30, but I personally hate jumping out of bed immediately. Eventually, I feel awake enough to pick up my fully charged phone from my nightstand and check my e-mails and Facebook, in that order. 

A couple months ago, a friend introduced me to an organization called "The Brave Girls Club". Instead of describing it myself, here is an excerpt from the website:

     "Brave Girls Club is a worldwide community of women who want to live the best, happiest, most productive       and fabulously brave life they can possibly live…and that means something different to every single one of us.

Brave Girls Club is an online community, a portal for amazing connections, a news source for everyday heroes, a resource for great ideas, amazing endeavors, everyday problem solving, realistic recipes and unforgettable get-togethers. Brave Girls Club is a place to feel free, to feel peace, and to feel brave. Brave Girls Club is not an exclusive club…every woman is invited. Brave Girls Club is life-changing fun, life-changing truths, and life-changing friendships."
www.bravegirlsclub.com
One of the many ways The Brave Girls Club connects is with a daily e-mail, otherwise known as your daily truth. I subscribe to these e-mails and those are always waiting for me in my inbox every morning. I'll admit, I don't read them everyday. Part of the reason for this is because the text is part of an image that is difficult to read on my phone. I always have the intent of checking it out later on my computer, but honestly, my inbox is bursting at the seams with those kinds of e-mails. A few days ago I realized that there is a plain text version at the end of the e-mail that is legible on a phone. Oops!
Most of the e-mails are very uplifting and motivating, although some are more relevant to me personally than others. A couple hours ago, I received my daily truth. At almost 9 pm. This was out of the ordinary, and even though I was in the middle of (finally!) watching "The Help", something told me I needed to read this one. Something in my gut told me that it was written for me. And sure enough:
"Dear Resilient Girl,

Something that is very frustrating, very confusing and sometimes so mysterious that we often do not even know it is happening, is when we have done the brave work of walking away from things that have trapped or enslaved us, yet we sit where the cage used to be and don't venture out very far past that area even though we are completely free to, even though we walked out of the cage that held us.

Don't feel bad if this is what is happening in your life dear girl. Just take notice, take responsibility and then take action. It is scary and uncomfortable to live in brave new ways, and it's sometimes exhausting and disappointing to to realize that getting out of the cage was just the beginning of the journey. You have to fly away now too. 

It is going to be incredible....just take one little step at a time....nothing is holding you back now....don't hold yourself back. You were always meant to be free in your soul and you were always meant to fly. It is time. Fly baby, fly!!!

You are so very loved,
Xoxo"

Wow. This is such an amazing description of where I am right now. It's so much easier to stay where that cage was, rather than live in a "brave new way[s]". But what kind of life is that? There is so much more out there, just waiting to be plucked off the vine like ripe fruit. I can stand under the tree, my mouth watering, cursing the tree's height, or I can go find a ladder! While this stage of the healing process can be very frustrating, scary and difficult, it's also incredibly exciting to know that it's going to get better. Because I am not going to give up on myself. What better gift can anyone give themselves?
If you want to get your own daily truth, click here. The Brave Girls Club also offers beautiful daily e-mails for girls and teens. Click here if you want to sign up for those! 
All the best,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment